Reality Leaves A Lot To The Imagination...

-John Lennon

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sex & The City 2...Time To Throw in the Towel. RIP 1998-2010.



Despite wanting to avoid all cliche's, I still went to see Sex & City 2 in NYC. The Girls and I (My new fabulous french friends Edith and Anastasia, along with my roomie and bestie) decided that going to see our beloved SJP and friends would be the perfect saturday afternoon hangover cure. We were wrong, however bad we felt previously, was amplified by the cheesy one-liners and out-of-date female mentality. What happened to all the writers of the original TV show?? Did they all jump ship at the very idea of making idiotic jokes about menopause and Arab women? There were times in the movie where I was cringing and we could not stop laughing at the stupidity of it all. I think my skin began to crawl at the very first "slow-motion" scene of the girls strutting their overly dressed outifts in the arabian desert. And what were they thinking when they decided to put SJP in the "J'adore Dior" T-shirt paired with the gown/skirt to go to a SOUK. If you've ever been to one you'd understand how ludacris and unrealistic it is, which kind of mirrors what the whole movie is like! I am by no means a certified movie/fashion critique but COME ON, would any modern-day woman wear a green gown to lie on the couch with her husband after a long day of work? NO! Yes the gown  is beautiful, but probably more appropriate for a red carpet then a nauseating clip of Big & Carrie playing house. So suffice to say, AVOID AT ALL COSTS AND SAVE YOUR HARD-EARNED MONEY!! I just can't think of any part that deserved praise, the girls weren't even acting like themselves, there was no storyline and if you want a movie that makes you feel bad about how un-fabulous your life is in comparison, then this movie might appeal to you! I'm gonna go watch my DVD's of past seasons before I really regret wasting my time on idolizing the life of Carrie Bradshaw. 

Hugs & Kisses,
Karine  




1 comment: